Wednesday 3 September 2008

One of the saddest stories I've ever read

Businessman 'killed family'

I was, and still is, shocked about the latest news I have been following for days now. I guess truth is so much stranger than fiction.

The last several days, I have been following the story of a British millionaire, Chris Foster and how his estate in Shropshire was deliberately set on fire a week ago. By whom? Nobody knew until yesterday evening. It turned out that this guy, due to huge financial losses involving his business, snapped under the weight of his problems. He killed his wife and daughter, set his house on fire, before finally killing himself. Unbelievable.

I used to think that money was evil. That it's the source of all problems in the
world. But then of course that's naivette. It's when people let money rule their lives that things fall apart: from friendships to marriage, businesses to family life.

I would still want to earn a lot of money and live a comfortable life but I don't think it would be worth doing that if I end up ruining the lives of the very people who inspired me to achieve so much in life.

Read more about the story here and here.

2 comments:

ellenmayjoyceasacla said...

Money is really a precursor to doing evil's acts. But if we manage it good, life is better with some of it. haha

Sad!

Ingats po.

Bugan said...

Hi Ellen,

I agree! Ingat din:-)